Awaken your Inner Strength and Empower your Self Expression
Treat yourself to nine joy-filled days of play, love, self expression, and adventure in paradise. Join Senior teacher Melanie Taylor, known for her gentle nurturing and caring nature, who will encourage you to understand, connect with, cultivate, nourish, and honor your inner strength. Through her own experience of curing her long battle with depression, anxiety and burn out Melanie has learned the importance of reaching within with loving kindness, acceptance and clarity empowering you to see who you really are, tap into your greatest strengths and bring them into your practice, work and life. Her life’s work is empowering others to connect with themselves and awaken their inner strength.
Say yes to yourself! You’ll delightfully enjoy daily therapeutic yoga practices, guided meditations, delicious cultural cuisine and opportunities to immerse yourself in the nature and culture of Costa Rica. We will explore the magnificent wildlife, play in the ocean, swimming in the pool and fun-filled excursions. There will be personal time to explore, quiet time for personal reflection, solitude to simply be and do nothing at all, and community time to share meals and connect with others. You are able to also plan part of your own schedule to make this retreat uniquely designed to suit your dreams. We have something for everyone.
April 23rd, 2019 to May 1st, 2019
Join us for this intimate group retreat.
Limited Spaces available – Book now to reserve your spot
Everyone is welcome – No previous experience with Yoga required
Early Bird Booking Bonuses
Be one of the first 5 people to book your retreat with us and you will also get!
A one hour private Thai Massage Therapy/Bodywork session with Melanie. Sessions are designed to support you in releasing areas of held tension. Freeing your breath and shifting your nervous system into a deeply relaxed state. With in a session Melanie integrates cranio sacral therapy/body work, essential oil therapy, energy work, breathing techniques and supportive stretches and movement. You can expect to feel truly cared.
A one hour private photo session with Cyril. Whether you are looking to utilize the photos for your personal brand or capture memories with the beautiful landscape in Costa Rica as your backdrop Cyril will create the best photo package for you.
Tamarindo is a town in the Guanacaste Province, on Costa Rica’s Pacific coast. It’s known for beaches with strong surf, like Playa Tamarindo and Playa Langosta. To the north, Playa Grande beach is a major nesting site for huge leatherback turtles, and forms part of Las Baulas National Marine Park. The mangrove-lined estuary of Tamarindo Wildlife Refuge protects animals such as howler monkeys and crocodiles.
Tamarindo weather is always warm, and the sun shines just about 365 days per year!
Our unique boutique hotel is centrally located in Tamarindo, you will be able to walk everywhere (Beaches, Shops, Restraurants).
Enjoy what the area has to offer:
- Tamarindo has a wide selection of crafts and souvenirs, many handmade by local artists.
- Costa Rica is well known for its miles and miles of beaches with amazing surf. Both the Caribbean and the Pacific produce great waves with top surf spots. Surfing lessons available for private booking at our hotel
- Visit the Rain Forest
- Sailing and Boat cruises
- Horseback riding
- Wildlife and Sea life tours
Your retreat awaits
9 days, 8 nights: $3399 Canadian Dollars + GST = $3568.95Your retreat includes:
- Shared Accommodation with airport transportation to and from the Liberia Airport (Available in daytime hours only)
- 3 Group Excursions: Zip-lining, Kayaking and a Snorkel Sunset tour
- All yoga classes and meditation classes as per our itinerary
- Participation in the Art of Self Expression workshop and 30 minutes video conference individual follow up transformational coaching (20 CE Credit available based on participation, coaching to take place by skype within 60 days of retreat)
- A photo package of the yoga retreat; a pictorial documentary, a keepsake of your experiences in Costa Rica for you to share with family and friends
- 8 daily breakfasts with juices or coffee/tea
- 4 evening meals (appet, entree, desert) with non-alcoholic beverages. Meals are a healthy and light combination of Vegetarian, Fish and Seafood dishes with Gluten Free and Vegan options available.
- Use of the hotel facilities; large pool, outdoor terraces, wifi, laundry service (fees may apply), tour desk
- Local Guide(s) services
- Airfare, airport fees and departure taxes
- Airport transportation in home location
- Snacks, lunches and some dinners* (*There are 4 pre-scheduled dinners included)
- Travel and Medical Insurance (Required) Cancellation insurance recommended
- Travel documents (valid passport required, visa may be required)
- Alcoholic beverages
- International phone calls
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional excursions and activities not specified in the itinerary
Single Accommodations are subject to availability at the time of booking. Please email us to ask for details on this option.
Enjoy Our Included Group Excursions
Enjoy 3 fun filled excursions together with our group as part of your retreat. You can also book additional excursions easily through our hotel.
The Art of Self Expression Workshop
This training prepares you to deepen your personal practice, connect deeply with yourself and empower your self expression
As part of our retreat we are offering this 20 hour training for anyone who feels ready to connect with themselves and others more deeply and authentically. Together through movement, breath, meditation, discussion, and meditation we will gently support you in knowing yourself deeply, break through barriers of self expression in an accessible and empowering way, empower you in finding your voice in your personal life, in your work and with your self.
Through our intention to support you in enriching your personal yoga practice while inviting a deep understanding of yourself and your niche we will encourage you to look lovingly at yourself. Our movement practices are a beautiful embodiment blend of yin, restorative and vinyasa yoga with trauma informed therapeutic hands on assists stemming from Thai Yoga Massage Therapy with the intention of supporting you in reclaiming your body-mind connection in your personal yoga practice and in your life.
We believe that yoga is an innate practice, something that we all were born doing naturally. Through our teaching approach you are supported in more deeply connecting with your own innate intelligence to more clearly hear your own inner voice, feel more decisive, inspired and confident.
Included in the training:
- Explore the therapeutic benefits of yoga and how it can support your self discovery
- Explore mantra and mudras connected with self discovery and self expression
- Explore Self discovery techniques through inquiry, discussion and meditation
- Experience mentorship and support in developing your own unique style
- 30 minute video conference individual transformational coaching follow up session
- Access to our teacher in person, via phone (based on local connectivity) and email during the entirety of the training
We are an accredited school location of Mandorla Yoga Institute, a registered Yoga Alliance and the Canadian Yoga Alliance School. You will receive a completion certificate for 20 CE hours that you may apply towards your next certification. Offered over 7 beautiful days, we take our time sharing the practices of yoga, meditation and self discovery with you.
Meet your retreat guides
Melanie Taylor: Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer, Yoga Therapist, Thai Massage Therapist, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Transformation Coach E-RYT200, RYT800.
Melanie’s personal 20 year yoga practice has been a calming place for her to restore her mind and a gentle place to face struggle. Her 25 years experience as an ICF certified coach and educator specializing in health, stress reduction, anxiety and depression combined with her trauma informed training, therapeutic insights and overall nurturing approach leads you through an experience of self exploration and body confidence that is unparalleled.
As your instructor for daily meditation, yoga and our workshop, Melanie will work with you to individually develop your practice and in to empower your self expression.
Accompanying the Yoga Retreat to Costa Rica will be Freelance Photographer, Cyril Brass, who will be photographing and videoing the retreat from the start to the end, including such things as yoga classes in studio and at the beach, included excursions and activities enjoying the outdoor adventures in the area, and other memorable moments throughout the trip. So everyone can spend their time enjoying and experiencing this yoga retreat adventure.
Each participant will receive a photo package of the yoga retreat; a pictorial documentary, a keepsake of your experiences in Costa Rica for you to share with family and friends.
Cyril is an experienced traveler to Costa Rica with over 15 trips now, where he has visited all regions of this tropical bio-diverse country. During his time in Costa Rica, Cyril has photographed adventures such as a yoga retreat, three multi-sport adventure races, guided for a Canadian tour group, as well as the abundant wildlife and amazing nature. He is the author of 4 published wildlife photo books on wildlife in Central America and 20 adventure and wildlife encounter articles.
Through his travels and experiences, Cyril has gained a wealth of information and knowledge about Costa Rica; its “Pura Vida” lifestyle, the Spanish culture and customs, the friendly Costa Ricans, the bio-diverse environment, the tourism logistics, travel safety, the many destinations from coast to coast and the wide range of thrilling adventures throughout the country.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 5:45 meet and walk to beach together for a 6:00 am Guided meditation at sunrise on the beach
- 6:30 am to 8:00 am guided yoga practice on the beach (mats are available at the hotel or you can bring your own)
- 8:30 am to 9:30 am community breakfast (those participating in our training will eat together as we complete the lecture portion of our training)
- Time to relax, restore and revive as you relax at the hotel, enjoy some surfing and stand up paddle-boarding, or a stroll on the beach. Individual Thai massage appointments also available during this time (pre-booking required).
- Enjoy a lunch of your choosing
- Time for an excursion
- 5:00 to 6:00 pm enjoy a soothing restorative yoga practice at hotel or on the beach (mats are available at the hotel or you can bring your own)
- Time to fresh up, watch the sunset, have a cocktail before dinner
- 7:30 to 9:00 pm community dinner
- Time to visit with friends, relax, and enjoy the evening
No previous yoga or meditation experience is necessary. Feel free to bring partners and friends who wish to participate in yoga sessions. Everyone is welcome.