Definition of Environmental Wellness
Environmental wellness inspires us to live a lifestyle that is respectful of our surroundings. This realm encourages us to live in harmony with the Earth by taking action to protect it. Environmental well-being promotes interaction with nature and your personal environment. Everyone can have a strong environmental conscious simply by raising their awareness.
Why is Environmental Wellness Important?
The core principle of environmental wellness is respect—respect for all nature and all species living in it. Environmental wellness does not mandate that you join a movement or organization, but it does encourage you to practice habits that promote a healthy environment. When you become environmentally aware, you will be able to realize how your daily habits affect the environment. Improving environmental wellness is simple and results in a more balanced lifestyle.
The Route to Environmental Wellness
Once the route to environmental wellness begins, it becomes incredibly easy to carry out. There are many environmentally conscious practices you can adopt in order to improve your relationship with the environment. Conservation is at the root of it all. Below is a list of a few suggestions to help you become more environmentally aware.
- Conserve energy.
- Volunteer with environmental organizations.
- Become aware of Earth’s natural resources. Identify and understand the role of our natural resources.
- Spend time outdoors and boost your vitamin D at the same time!
- Spend time in nature by taking a hike, camping or even a walk in a local park.
Services to support Environmental Wellness
Are you looking to connect to your environment? Contact us to book a group yoga class for you and your friends in the outdoors, or to book a retreat in nature.
I offer customized seminars, workshops, and retreats of varied length and themes to suit your personal, group and professional needs. Online sessions can also be integrated as requested and can be at a site of your choice or we can work out the details as well as requested.
The following are a few examples of available options of program formats:
- Group and/or Executive retreats with mixed sessions complete with workshops, practice time and activities
- 1½ – 2-hour sessions, Full or half-day workshops, held one time or multiple dates
- Meditation, mindfulness, yoga and stress reduction intensive for individuals or groups
- 6-8 week Yin, Vinyasa and Restorative Yoga workshops complete with Prana, Thai Yoga Massage and meditation
- Guest speaker for your event, community group or education center
I believe in custom designed programs tailored to your unique needs. Programs may include residential workshops and/or weekly classes in person or online.