Definition of Emotional Wellness
Emotional wellness inspires self-care, relaxation, stress reduction and the development of inner strength. It is important to be attentive to both positive and negative feelings and be able to understand how to handle these emotions. Emotional wellness also includes the ability to learn and grow from experiences. Emotional well-being encourages autonomy and proper decision making skills. It is an important part of overall wellness.
Why is Emotional Wellness Important?
Emotional wellness allows you to accept how you are feeling. Once you accept your feelings, you can begin to understand why you are feeling that way, and decide how you would like to act in response to those feelings. Being emotionally well grants you the power to express feelings without any constraints. In turn, you will be able to enjoy emotional expression and be capable of forming supportive and interdependent relationships with others.
The Route to Emotional Wellness
In order to begin the route to emotional wellness you must always remember to be optimistic. Optimism allows you to greet all emotions—both positive and negative—with a confident attitude that allows you to learn from your mistakes. Once you have mastered emotional wellness, you will experience life a little differently. Your life will be more balanced and you will develop a deep sense of awareness. Below are some strategies for you to practice in order to boost your emotional wellness.
- Remind yourself to stay positive, always.
- Seek or accept help and support from others when needed.
- Employ gratitude to your life in order to strengthen relationships with family and friends.
- Practice being mindful and increase your awareness. This can be done through various forms of meditation.
- Accept mistakes and learn from them for next time. Mistakes are not terrible experiences; they are learning experiences.
- Balance your other dimensions of Wellness.
Services for Emotional Wellness
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Mindfulness is seeing things more clearly, and paying attention moment to moment to moment. When you are mindful, you notice what is happening—as it happens. This creates a space, a pause in which you can respond considerately to situations, rather than react. Creative possibilities open up; new ways of being with life’s challenges can present themselves.
- Life Coaching: Together we will identify the specific steps to make your dreams a reality. In addition, we will overcome fear, self-doubt and find the clarity needed to make the changes you desire. And finally, we will co-create strategies and your plan to reach your goals so you can achieve and have a well-balanced life.
- Yoga and Thai Yoga Massage Therapy: Sometimes when we feel stuck or full of emotions stillness and movement practices can support the movement of emotion.