Definition of Social Wellness
Social wellness refers to the relationships we have and how we interact with others. Our relationships can offer support during difficult times. This involves building healthy, nurturing and supportive relationships as well as fostering a genuine connection with those around you. Conscious actions are important in learning how to balance your social life with your personal and professional lives. It also includes balancing the unique needs of romantic relationships with other parts of your life.
Why is Social Wellness Important?
Maintaining an optimal level of social wellness allows you to build healthy relationships with others. Having a supportive social network allows you to develop assertive skills and become comfortable with who you are in social situations. Surrounding yourself with a positive social network increases your self-esteem. This enables you to create boundaries that encourage communication, trust and conflict management. Having good social wellness is critical to building emotional resilience.
The Route to Social Wellness
As you begin your route to social wellness, you will discover that you have the power to enhance your personal relationships. Maintaining social wellness allows you to practice empathy and active listening. There are many ways you can begin your journey on the route to social wellness. Below are some suggestions on how to enhance your social wellness.
- Reflect on yourself and your social needs. What aspects of your social life do you enjoy? What parts would you like to improve?
- Make an effort to keep in touch with supportive friends and family.
- Practice self-disclosure.
- Participate in group discussions and practice active listening.
- Join a club or organization.
Services for Social Wellness
- Life Coaching: Together we will identify the specific steps to make your dreams a reality. In addition we will overcome fear, self-doubt and find the clarity needed to make the changes you desire. And finally we will co-create strategies and your plan to reach your goals so you can achieve and have a well balanced life.